WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO GET REGULAR REMEDIAL MASSAGES?
4 KEY BENEFITS OF REGULAR MASSAGE THERAPY
WE OFFER DIFFERENT TREATMENTS TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS:
- Myofascial Cupping
- MLD (Manual Lymphatic Drainage)
The benefits of regular massage are more than those feel-good moments. Each session is a building block, training your body to maintain its relaxed state and teaching your muscles to remain loose even during high-stress periods. But this is only the start, here are 4 key benefits of regular massage therapy.
- PAIN RELIEF: committing to regular massages is a great tool for pain management. The massage therapist can focus on specific problem areas and stiff muscles. This increases blood circulation and allows them to gradually loosen. This action will help alleviate pain and a range of other conditions.
- IMMUNE SYSTEM SUPPORT: it’s well known that people with high levels of stress are more likely to get sick more often. Regular massage sessions can alleviate stress and as a result, have been proven to naturally increase the immune system
- INJURY RESILIENCE: rehabilitating after an injury can be tiring and frustrating. While the main goal of physical rehabilitation is to increase strength and flexibility, it often ends before the area has been returned to its full pre-injury state. Massage plays an important role as a supplement to standard injury rehabilitation. Encouraging circulatory movement and relaxing muscles, it helps the body pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissue and vital organs. This allows the rehabilitating injured area(s) to become more flexible and heal at an accelerated rate.
- IMPROVED POSTURE: everyone has caught themselves having bad posture while sitting at the desk, this poor posture can cause a lot of tension in the back and neck which is no good for your body. Correct body alignment can help improve things like digestion and even breathing capacity. The good news is poor posture can be corrected with regular massages. When you get a massage, you allow your body to begin to reintroduce healthier movements. The massage itself will loosen the muscles and alleviate any pain caused by your bad posture. This will enable your body to position itself in its natural-and pain-free posture. With ongoing massage, the body will begin to naturally position itself in a healthy posture.
KEEN TO GET STARTED?
While massage therapy used to be considered an alternative approach, it has quickly become mainstream due to its range of benefits. This popularity also means that massage therapy is considered a legitimate treatment option, and many Private Health Insurance companies now provide coverage for treatment sessions. With so many benefits to be gained, it’s natural to want to book in some sessions.
To book your massage give us a call on (08) 9271 8805 or book online at www.mountlawleyphysioandpod.com.au