What to expect on your first Physio visit to Mount Lawley Physiotherapy and Podiatry
So you have recently decided to deal with your pain head-on and have a Physiotherapy consult! The next step is figuring out which Physio to visit and wondering what to expect from your consult. Look no further than Mount Lawley Physio and Pod, where you are greeted by our lovely team and guided each step of the way.
So here are a few questions we have answered for first-timers to our clinic or first-timers to Physiotherapy completely.
What is a Physiotherapist?
According to the Australian Physiotherapy Association “Physiotherapists help you get the most out of life. They help you recover from injury, reduce pain and stiffness, increase mobility and prevent further injury. They listen to your needs to tailor a treatment specific to your condition”.
The list of areas Physiotherapists work in is as follows
- Acupuncture and dry needling
- Cancer, palliative care and lymphoedema
- Emergency department
- Mental health
- Occupational health
- Physiotherapy for animals, often working with vets
- Women’s, men’s and pelvic health
What can a Physiotherapist treat?
Mount Lawley Physiotherapists are trained in areas such as
- Spinal problems– Lower back pain, Neck pain, Disc bulges, Sciatic nerve irritation
- Sporting injuries– Ankle sprains, Meniscus or cartilage tears, Muscle strains
- Repetitive injuries– Bursitis, Tendinitis
- Work-related pain- Poor posture, Tension headaches
- Pregnancy-related pain– pelvic girdle pain, generalised lower back pain, advice regarding conditions common to mothers – de’quervains
- General conditions– Osteoarthritis, Obesity, Incontinence, Anxiety, Vestibular (BPPV)
There are many other conditions we treat, so if you are unsure call our reception on 92718805 to ask our friendly staff.
What will the session include?
At Mount Lawley Physiotherapy and Podiatry we pride ourselves on being a hands-on clinic – meaning we treat in our first session and will always use our hands-on skills to help ease your pain. Your first consult will entail a few questions and assessments to aid in locating/ identifying the cause of your pain. We obtain an accurate description of your symptoms to diagnose you correctly. We will then educate you on your pathology so you leave feeling more confident. Your Physiotherapist will then carry out an effective treatment and finish with some homework for you to complete so you have an active role in your rehabilitation.
What is included in treatment?
- Joint mobilisation/manipulation
- Massage/ soft tissue release
- Electrotherapy (TENs, IF)
- Acupuncture/ dry needling
- Strapping (K-tape, Rock tape and Kinesio tape)
- Exercise Rehabilitation
We do not charge extra for our use of tape, needles etc, so your consult cost includes everything!
If you are having difficulty with pain or discomfort, Mt Lawley Physio and Pod is the place for you!
Contact us today on 92718805 or book your appointment online at www.mountlawleyphysioandpod.com.au