4 Ways to Eliminate Stress and Thrive
Feeling stressed from time to time is a part of being human. The pressure at work or home can impact your mindset, behaviour, relationships and productivity. Too much stress is increasing in the day to day life and this can lead to health problems.Research shows that the top causes of stress come from job pressure, money, health, relationships, poor nutrition, media overload and sleep deprivation. Almost 50 per cent of people say stress has a negative impact on their lives.When we are stressed, we can often make poor decisions, as our ability to think, feel and make decisions are weakened due to overthinking a situation.
- Get to know your thoughts and feelings and become interdependent
- The following four strategies will help you de-stress and live a happy and healthy life.
- Let your emotions out Crying, laughing, talking/venting to a friend or loved one are all healthy ways to express your emotions. By not expressing your emotions, you let them bubble up inside this can then lead them to express themselves when you least expect. Let your emotions out and you will feel better.
- Write them down A lot of people can have a hard time expressing their emotions due to their upbringing, social expectations or simply finding it hard to convert their emotions into words. If this sounds like you, grab a pen and paper and write down what annoys, angers or frustrates you.It may sound silly, but some people can feel a release by putting their emotions onto paper especially if talking to a friend or family member isn’t something you feel comfortable doing.
- Get moving Exercise is a GREAT stress reliever, but its hard to find the motivation when you’re stressed. In certain religions, they believe that breathing is an excellent way to detox the mind. Getting oxygen into your lungs can help let go of tension.
- Reflect Sitting quietly, allowing thoughts, ideas, worries or temptations to arise and pass, strengthens your ability to be, without fixing a stressful situation.Take your mental and emotional health into your own hands and always remember that being human is not about being perfect. Trying or pretending to be perfect will only add to your stress.Your personal and professional life does not have to be stressful. Find a routine that works best for you. Take control of your stress before it takes control of you!
- If you feel like stresses involving your health is overwhelming Mount Lawley Physiotherapy and Podiatry are here for you! Our team of Physiotherapists, Podiatrists and Massage Therapists are highly qualified in their fields and can provide the best care to help you get back on track and live your best life, Stress-Free!